A Few Useful Links
- Bret Simmons
- Joseph Fedcamp on Twitter
- Penelope Trunk's 'Brazen Careerist'
- Permanent Temporary at Amazon
- Permanent Temporary at Barnes & Noble
- Permanent Temporary at Google Books
- Permanent Temporary at Library Thing
- Permanent Temporary at Lulu
- Permanent Temporary at Red Room
- Permanent Temporary at Scribd
Books I've Read Recently
- Bonjour Laziness: Jumping Off the Corporate Ladder – Corinne Maier
- Death By PowerPoint – Michael Flocker
- Downshifting: How to Work Less and Enjoy Life More – John D. Drake
- Gig: Americans Talk About Their Jobs
- How to Be Idle – Tom Hodgkinson
- Job Hopper – Ayun Halliday
- Joy at Work: A Revolutionary Approach To Fun on the Job – Dennis W. Bakke
- My Job, My Self: Work and the Creation of the Modern Individual – Al Gini
- Never Get a "Real" Job – Scott Gerber
- Nickel and Dimed – Barbara Ehrenreich
- No-Collar: The Humane Workplace and Its Hidden Costs – Andrew Ross
- Scratch Beginnings – Adam Shepard
- Take Back Your Time: Fighting Overwork and Time Poverty in America – John de Graaf
- The Fred Factor: How Passion in Your Work and Life Can Turn the Ordinary into the Extraordinary – Mark Sanborn
- The Future of Success: Working and Living in the New Economy – Robert B. Reich
- The Overworked American: The Unexpected Decline Of Leisure – Juliet Schor
- The Working Life: The Promise and Betrayal of Modern Work – Joanne B. Ciulla
- The Working Poor : Invisible n America – David K. Shipler
- White-Collar Sweatshop THE DETERIORATION OF WORK AND ITS REWARDS IN CORPORATE AMERICA – Jill Andresky Fraser
- Work to Live – Joe Robinson
- Working: People Talk About What They Do All Day and How They Feel About What They Do – STUDS TERKEL
- The Marginalian: Escaping the Trap of Efficiency: The Counterintuitive Antidote to the Time-Anxiety That Haunts and Hampers Our Search for Meaning
- VICE MEDIA –> Permanently Temporary: The Truth About Temp Labor (Full Length Video)
- ‘Rent-a-person who does nothing’ in Tokyo receives endless requests, gratitude
- 24 Big Ideas that will change our world in 2021
- Back in the saddle
Author Archives: fed
BBC – Viewpoint: Why do people waste so much time at the office?
http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-32829232 Viewpoint: Why do people waste so much time at the office? The workplace is where people go to work. But much of the day is increasingly padded out with less productive activities, writes Peter Fleming. A few years ago … Continue reading
Posted in Uncategorized Comments Off on BBC – Viewpoint: Why do people waste so much time at the office?
The Atlantic: Single-Tasking….
Posted in Uncategorized Comments Off on The Atlantic: Single-Tasking….
The Resume Is Dead, The Bio Is King
Posted in Uncategorized Comments Off on The Resume Is Dead, The Bio Is King
News: Mobile phones could be charged by the power of speech
TALK about doing two things at the same time!! http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/news/8500161/Mobile-phones-could-be-charged-by-the-power-of-speech.html
Posted in Uncategorized Tagged Mobile Phone, Voice Powered Battery Comments Off on News: Mobile phones could be charged by the power of speech
Syzygy: This is what media looks like in the not-so-distant future… awesome.
This is what media looks like in the not so distant future… awesome. i just hope we put as much energy into real journalism! By the time this thing is launched we might be getting world news from TMZ. lab.syzygy.de
Posted in Uncategorized Tagged GOAB, Syzygy Lab, The Syzygy Group Comments Off on Syzygy: This is what media looks like in the not-so-distant future… awesome.
The Richards Group Will Pay You to Sleep on the Job
http://adage.com/article/adages/ad-agency-creates-nap-rooms-employees/227475/ A little extra space in your agency? Perhaps you should follow Stan Richards’ lead and convert it into sleep zones. According to a story at TH Online, the founder of the Richards Group has transformed four walk-in-closet-size spaces into … Continue reading
Posted in Uncategorized Comments Off on The Richards Group Will Pay You to Sleep on the Job
New “Gigwalk” App – Get paid for small tasks while you explore the world…
Gigwalk is a new app that ask users to perform small tasks at retail and service locations to document the quality of service or of presentation. On a recent poke around San Francisco I could do a variety of tasks … Continue reading
Posted in Uncategorized Tagged Brands, GeoLocation, Gigwalker, GPS, iPhone, Mobile Phone Comments Off on New “Gigwalk” App – Get paid for small tasks while you explore the world…
Mashable: Is Working From Home Becoming the Norm?
New stats on Work From Home. The trend continues to rise… http://mashable.com/2011/04/05/wfh-survey/
Posted in Uncategorized Comments Off on Mashable: Is Working From Home Becoming the Norm?
Joe Fedcamp Interview on CBS!
Posted in Uncategorized Comments Off on Joe Fedcamp Interview on CBS!
Virtual Contractors for the Future!
Many sites are popping up offering virtual assistants in India, the Phillipines, etc. I’ve been using oDesk for some of my admin work. It’s great. It took a little work to find the right person but it’s now working fine … Continue reading
Posted in Uncategorized Comments Off on Virtual Contractors for the Future!